[Samba] 'Account disabled due to email bouncing' madness

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Thu Nov 13 22:20:51 GMT 2003

Hi,
 1) The virus and spam problem solved permanently ;)
*rofl thats what the whole worlds wants.
Please study i. e. symantec.com or simular and you will find, that there is
now way to
stop infected systems to send out faked mails from faked adresses.
There is nothing a listadmin can do against it.
You should use antispam software and filter lists, the only thing this list
is invoked
in your recieved spam is that your email adress is now in a infected system
adressbook which sends out now virus mails, if this mails comes to another
antivirus gateway this informs you as the faked sender that it did not
deliever the mail you never sended.
This is a setup from brainless ( but good ment ) mailadmins that produces
the info spam, which in some
case makes more traffic as the virus himself
Best Regards