[Samba] 'Account disabled due to email bouncing' madness

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Fri Nov 14 21:09:54 GMT 2003

We have a mail filter ( CanIt, by Roaring Penguin, see
http://www.roaringpenguin.com ) that is doing a very good job indeed of
blocking spam and viruses.
And I certainly get a lot from this list ... so much that without the
use of CanIt, I would have already had to retire my email address, and
possibly even our entire domain, to avoid the constant march of crap.

But ... the list server keeps locking my account, because messages are
bouncing. That's how CanIt works - it bounces spam and viruses.

So, I'd either like:

1) The virus and spam problem solved permanently ;) or
2) The rules on the list server relaxed a little so I don't have to keep
re-activating my account.

Dan