[Samba] Accessing domain share drives

Distribution Lists dist-lists at e-securenetworks.net
Wed Nov 12 19:13:09 GMT 2003

I'm using
SUSE linux 2.4.19-4GB
samba-client-2.2.5-226
pam_smb-1.1.6-371

My goal is to configure a Linux desktop into a windows domain environment.
So far I have managed to configure pam_smb to authenticate users to the PDC.
So thats good.

Now the problem is when user tries to browse a share.
At the moment the users has to retype in their domain/userid password
every time they access a share, is there way to minimise this?

With Windows you only need to authenticate once to the domain, at logon
time. How do I simulate this with Linux ?

BTW: I configured the Linux desktop to be a domain member.

Thanks