[Samba] Likelihood of WINS Replication?

Paul Creager Paul.Creager at oracle.com
Tue Nov 11 19:39:56 GMT 2003

My main interest in Samba is its use as a replacement for Microsoft WINS
servers.  From what I've read, it looks to me like WINS replication is a low
priority for the Samba team - is this observation correct?  What are the
chances that Samba will be able to:

A)  Replicate the WINS database from/to a Microsoft WINS server?
or
B)  Replicate the WINS database from/to another Samba server?

Ideally, we would like to replace aging Microsoft WINS servers with new
servers running RHEL 3 and Samba, provided there is some form of
replication.  Thanks in advance for any input.