Re: [Samba] Samba Translation Dok to German, first file, deutsche Übersetzung Der Samba Doku erste Datei

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Tue Nov 11 13:59:46 GMT 2003

Hi, Andrew,

11. November 2003 11:39 you wrote:

AB> Then the most productive method (IMNSHO) would be to check out the
AB> samba-docs repository, and open an emacs window in side-by-side mode,
AB> Then just move down the page, replacing text in one window and reading
AB> the context in the other.

AB> That is, it really should be easy not to modify the surrounding tags at
AB> all, therefore ensuring that referencing (particularly chapter numbering
AB> etc) remain perfectly intact.  There will probably be small formatting
AB> changes but these can probably be left to the editors.

I have no XML-experience but I think if we donŽt want to change tags
and referencing, we donŽt have to know that much about it.

So my questions:

- If I edit the pages in OpenOffice (as is discussed right now because
of its availability and interface, not everyone likes emacs, but that
definitely is another topic), can I use the DocBook XML filters to
generate usable XML?

- Would you recommend to just add a samba-german-docs-tree to the
Samba-CVS and let the participating people access that subtree with
rw-rights? I think this would simplify the whole process, right now we
are discussing how and where to host that project.

I donŽt know if this is possible, but I think, it would keep things
together and people like you or John H Terpstra could have an eye on
it to keep us from making the mistakes you want us to avoid.

I am sure we will find a good solution to those starting problems.

thank you all
Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor at oops.co.at