Re: [Samba] Samba Translation Dok to German, first file, deutsche Übersetzung Der Samba Doku erste Datei

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Mon Nov 10 23:12:40 GMT 2003

Guten Tag Kurt Pfeifle,

am Dienstag, 11. November 2003 um 00:04 schrieben Sie:

KP> Hi, all --

KP> this is a really great initiative. Please keep us informed about your
KP> progress!

We will do as this project grows ...

KP> One little question: are you aware that the *sources* of all English
KP> Samba documentation are now DocBook/XML? Have you considered to write
KP> the docu (or maybe convert it at a later stage) into that format?

KP> I know that DocBook/XML is rather difficult for people who are not used
KP> to it and it makes them slow down a lot. (I myself haven't written my
KP> part of the HOWTO Collection in XML. but in HTML and one kind soul did
KP> convert it for me). However, it makes it more easy to create PDFs and
KP> other formats from that input.

We talked to John H Terpstra and he told us that he would take the
part of converting to XML (I hope it still is like that ;-) )

So we can happily use our little crappy html-editors and concentrate
at translating english-german instead of converting html-xml.

Thanks for your point!

KP> Thanks again and Cheers!
KP> Kurt

YouŽre welcome.