[Samba] Failure to Change Machine Account Password

Alexander Lobodzinski lobo at mental.com
Mon Nov 10 15:51:46 GMT 2003

() On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 09:07:55PM -0400, Sean Elble wrote:
() > Changing machine account password for account DHCP-12$ failed with the
() > following error:
() > The stub received bad data.
()
() Can you send in a debug level 10 log and ethereal capture trace of
() this happening please ?
()
() Jeremy.

For whatever it's worth, I never had these messages whith Samba
2.x, they appeared with Samba 3.0, and seem to have disappeared
again when I put the Netbios names of the Samba file server and
of the Samba domain controller (we have them listen on different
IPs) into the local /etc/hosts file.  Having the hostnames in
the DNS apparently is not enough, maybe because Netbios resolves
the IP to FOO and DNS to foo.dom.ain.

    Ciao, Lobo