[Samba] Still can't see Printers in Printerassistent

Stefan.Iven at voessing.de Stefan.Iven at voessing.de
Mon Nov 10 12:37:45 GMT 2003

Hello together,

I posted this question a few days ago, but I still have problems
with printerinstallation over controlpanel.

i use samba3 as PDC with LDAP. Everything works fine.
I can browse the network over networkneighborhood  and there
i can see all shares and printers.
But if i go to the controlpanel of a ms-client (NTsp6a or W2k sp4), go to
printers, new printers,
choos networkprinters,click next button I can't see the printers. Also I
can't see my
samba server.
When I try to switch between printer in an appliction like Word, it tooks a
very long time.
Somtimes it seems that the aplication crashes. I'm not sure, but do these
problems
belong together?

First I thought that there is somthing wrong with my netbios and TCP/IP
settings.
But I'm not able to find wrong settings.

The Clients and Samba is using the same subnet.
Samba is configured with wins support and as masterbrowser.
Clients are using sambaserver as winsserver.
Pings on the netbiosname of the sambaserver works.

Befor samba3 i used samba2.2.8 and there it worked.
I use suse linux 8.0.

Can someone please help me??

Thanks a lott!!

Stefan