[Samba] Solved: Samba 3 w/ADS on Slackware

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Sun Nov 9 17:19:17 GMT 2003

Hi folks:

We have finally solved the problem.  We have figured out how to correctly
install Samba 3 with Active Directory Support on Slackware (and presumably on
any other non-RPM based distro).

The howto has been published on my website.  Please visit
http://www.rongage.org/manual_samba_howto.html for the step-by-step
instructions on how to manually install Samba 3 from scratch with Active
Directory Support.  The instructions are based on Slackware 9.1 but should be
generic enough to work on just about any platform.

A great many thanks are in order for John Terpstra for his invaluable
assistance in getting this all working.  I really doubt I could have done
this without his assistance.

--
Ron Gage - LPIC1, A+, Net+
Pontiac, Michigan