[Samba] samba 3 LDAP/PDC problem - adding WXP account

Tarjei Bitustøyl astaroth at uses.nofw.org
Sun Nov 9 08:40:19 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've finally gotten my LDAP password backend up and running, and finally figured out the SID 1000/1001 thing for Samba admin.
However I'm unable to join the workstation to my domain.

Using any random user in the WXP dialogue, I get the "Access is Denied" error. Fair enough.
Using the user with sambasid and sambagroupsid s-*-1000/s-*-1001, I get the error "The Username could not be found". This error is probably not referring to the login user, as that one is validated (I get another error if I type in a wrong password), so I assume it's the machine account user that it is looking for.

I have however tried adding the machine account using both LAM and smbpasswd -a -m, but no difference.

The debug log says everything is successful?
I'm at a loss. Does anyone have a hint as to what is wrong here?

Regards
Tarjei