[Samba] idmap + ldap + nsswitch +winbindd

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at ims-tpa.com
Thu Nov 6 21:30:31 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding group mapping. I am working on configuring Samba 3.0.0 on FreeBSD with LDAP support.

1. Am I correct in that winbindd needs nsswitch to work?  If so I would need to run FreeBSD 5.1 and not FreeBSD 4.x so that I had NSSwitch support.

2. If I am correct in question 1 is anybody running FreeBSD 5.1 with nsswitch with Samba 3.0.0 +LDAP successfully?

3. If I don't need NSSwitch for Domain group functionality. Do I need to store groupmaps in LDAP or can I store users in LDAP and groupmaps in the winbindd_idmap.tdb?

Thank You,

Matt Pusateri
Systems Administrator
Interactive Medical Systems, Inc.