[Samba] Samba 3 and MMC (Microsoft Management Console)

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Nov 6 22:51:29 GMT 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:34:35PM +0000, John H Terpstra wrote:
> >
> > You can NOT use the Computer Management MMC to manage a Sambae server.
>
> Are you sure about that ? I used it during Samba 3 development
> and definately parts of it worked.

You can use it only to manage share ACLs. If in smb.conf there are scripts
for creation of shares, etc. then it can be used for that also.

It is not possible to use the Computer Management MMC to administer users
and groups. It is not possible to do that for NT4 domains either using
this tool.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra