[Samba] Call timed out:

john tran tigertran at techemail.com
Thu Nov 6 17:24:28 GMT 2003

Hello,

I am trying to mount a server in Redhat Linux with 'mount -t smbfs' and ran into the following error:

-------------
5348: tree connect failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
SMB connection failed

the command was
>  mount -t smbfs -o username=#####,workgroup=### //es#####.###/### /mnt/tmt

This location is to a shared drive.  I tried my own account on the same server and it mounts in 8 secs.

>From other operating system, I find out that it takes about 40-60 seconds to mount the drive.

Is there a way to change the time limit in samba or mount.

Thanks.

John