[Samba] resend: odd system in findsmb output

tcg noreply at invalid.com
Tue Nov 4 17:18:56 GMT 2003

This is a resend. I'm seeing this odd system with an IP from a different
subnet again. Again ideas why this happens?

Does anyone know why I might see the following output from 'findsmb'?
Notice the unknown system on a completely different subnet. Would this
normally be seen if someone brought in a system with a static IP on a
different subnet and connected it to the network?

IP ADDR         NETBIOS NAME     WORKGROUP/OS/VERSION
152.163.0.0     unknown name     Unknown Workgroup
192.168.0.2             PDC         *[DOM] [Unix] [Samba 2.2.7a]
192.168.0.3             SYS1   [DOM] [Windows 5.0] [Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
192.168.0.4             SYS2   [DOM] [Windows 5.0] [Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

Thanks for any assistance.
--
Chris

I read the list, direct personal replies not neccessary.
If desired please use the contact page below for direct replies.
Apologies for this anti-spam measure.

realcomputerguy dot com slash contact dot html