[Samba] Samba-3.0.1pre1 and LDAP

Kristyan Osborne kris at longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk
Mon Nov 3 16:47:20 GMT 2003

Hiya,

I have recently upgrade samba to 3.0.1pre1 from alpha3-19. The upgrade went well with no real problems, except .....

I have noticed today that the load on the LDAP server is extremely high. CPU usage on slapd is anywhere between 10%-80%. At one point to day everything came to a grinding halt. The only difference between I can think of is the samba upgrade. This is with an average load of about 300 users.

Can anyone think why samba is causing slapd to max out??

Cheers

Kristyan Osborne - IT Technician / Community Manager
Longhill High School
01273 391672 / 304086

------
Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working properly if you open windows.
Win95:       A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
             8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
             2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.