[Samba] network printing

John john at cllug.org
Mon Nov 3 16:20:34 GMT 2003

Hello,

I am running Samba version 2.2.8a, cups 1.1.19 and esp print pro version
4.3.1 on my server, which is running Slackware 9.1 and Canon BJC-85 USB
printer as default printer on the server  and kernel  2.4.22

I can connect and print to the server using smbclient, but I cannot
figure out what to put in the CUPS configuration, or the
/etc/samba/smb.conf to print to this printer all the time instead of
using smbclient.

The name of the computer is slackware and the printer share is Canon,
the internal ip address for "slackware" is 192.168.1.11

Thanks

John