[Samba] linux problems

Sumita Sharma sumitasharma at rediffmail.com
Wed May 21 12:26:09 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am facing two problems in Linux , if you can help me with
these.

1. I have to generate keyboard /mouse interrupt from my program
which xlock can recognize so that prompt will appear on it.
The interrupt will be generated from a program running at the
background. It is required in my project.

2. I have started a program in /usr/bin/startkde, which was
necessary at that time only, has the ownership of the user who
logged in.
I want that the ownership should remain the same, but the owner
should not be able to remove the file by killing it, not even with
"kill -9 pid". But when the user logs out the program should get
removed.

Normally when the user is logging out, the program is getting
terminated, but if anywhere I have added signal(SIGTERM,SIG_IGN),
it is preventing the user to kill it, of course not from (kill -9
pid), but normal (kill pid), but then when the user logs out, the
program doesn't get terminated then also.

Thanx
Sumita