[Samba] Oplock problem

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Thu May 8 13:34:07 GMT 2003

In this case, I would disable oplocks.  My earlier post was only to point
out that with Samba, you can disable oplocks selectively on files that
might cause problems.  Such as database files, or whatever strange
activity you're seeign here.  (Note: Are there multiple computers
accessing the file when you get this 30 second lockup?  If this is a
client locking itself up, there might be a protocol quirk in Samba causing
it.)