[Samba] Performance Issues With Samba and RedHat 8.

Collins, Kevin KCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Tue May 6 15:40:23 GMT 2003

> Ive just pulled my system service tag off and looked on the
> dell website
> armed with that tag and it only lists Intel Drivers for the NIC. can i
> safely assume that i have an intel based nic in mine? i dont
> really want
> to down server/pull it apart to find out for sure.

Generally speaking the Dell website is right.

To be sure do an lsmod to look for the tg3/e1000 driver.

For the Broadcom Gigabit card do 'lsmod | grep tg3'
For the Intel Gigabit card do 'lsmod | grep e1000'.

If the site is right (and it should be) you will see the later command
return information about the loaded driver.

Good luck.

Kevin