[Samba] pdf printer

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Fri May 30 23:29:44 GMT 2003

Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com

> Fri May 30 14:39:02 GMT 2003
>

> Hi,
>
> I created a PDFPrinter as per
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=105301236523413&w=2

Please use this little HOWTO:

    http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba/2003-March/093504.html

The "color" all depends on the PPD you are using. If you use a B/W Laerprinter
PPD for this, your PDF will be B/W too. The suggested distiller.ppd should
be alright. Do you get B/W or Color PDFs from Linux/UNIX/CUPS?

> I have another question, do I need to add a Color Laser Printer Driver in
> W2K to the PDF share to generate color PDF in Windows?

If you read the suggested HOWTO, you'll see that the driver installation
first takes place on CUPS. Then you have a CUPS PDF printer (also accessible
to native CUPS clients).

To install it on W2K, simply download the CUPS driver. Before you download
it, you need to run cupsaddsmb. Before you run cupsaddsmb, you should read
"man cupsaddsmb". Even more info about it is here:

   http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/

> Regards,
> Norman

Cheers,