[Samba] Samba/Winbind/PAM

John Simovic jsimovic at rydesc-h.schools.nsw.edu.au
Thu May 29 14:38:22 GMT 2003

Hi there. I have Samba 2.28 configured. wbinof returns all users and groups in the domain. I can getent passwd and everything works fine. But I cannot login using RH 9.
My /etc/pam.d/login file is
auth       	required     /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       	required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
auth       	sufficient   /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
auth       	required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_first_pass shadow nullok
account 	required /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
#account   	required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password  	required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session   	required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    	required     /lib/security/pam_console.so

Is there anything I am missing here or do I have to edit other pam files as well? Regards.