[samba] error with cupsaddsmb - adddriver

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue May 20 22:49:37 GMT 2003

nadine.vandois at bull.net wrote on Samba-Digest:

 > Tue May 20 15:50:50 GMT 2003
 >

 > Hello,
 >

 > I have installed cups on a linux server (running with RH 9.0).
 >

 > When executing "cupsaddsmb -a -v", I get an error: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFULL,
 > when attemping to execute adddriver".
 >

 > Can someone help on the meaning of this error, and on its reason (cause) ?

Hi, Nadine,

have you ever checked out the drafted printing docu for Samba-3.0 at

    http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/

Most of it is true for Samba-2.2.x too. The cupsaddsmb command and the
way to do manually everything cupsaddsmb does is well documented there.
Have a look. It will help you troubleshoot the problem.

 > Please find hereafter a file with result (and the error) of this commmand
 > "cupsaddsmb", for a printer:

Nothing there. But better put it up on some webspace (if you have available)

 > (See attached file: extrait)
 >

 > Thanks,
 > Best regards,
 >
 > Nadine