[Samba] cli_pipe: return critical error. Error was Call returnedzerobyte (EOF), hilfe!

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue May 13 15:20:56 GMT 2003

Dragan Krnic wrote:

> Hi Kurt,
>
> I've read the new document. It's a very fine piece of
> technical documentation. However, it doesn't help me
> in the present predicament. Going now by this book
> I'm only getting more frustrated.

What are your versions of Samba, CUPS(?), OS, and Printer
again?

> I'm stuck!

I would try to reproduce it here, if you tell me where
I can get the driver files. Do you see a possibility to
place them somewhere for me to download.

> For example adding driver with rcpclient invariably
> ends in "Segmentation fault" (Signal 11)

I am currently seeing Segmentation faults (on 2.2.7a) also
with various rpcclient commands (for ex. "level" 2 or 3
subcommands for enumprinters and enumdrivers...). However,
adddriver|setdriver work....

> immediately
> after pop_sec_ctx, whose push counterpart was invoked
> before a long series of opening and closing all normal
> files in W32X86/3.

Have you tried to install the Windows NT driver which goes
into "W32X86/2/"

> This is the command I used:
>
> rpcclient -d 4 -Uroot -c 'adddriver \
> "Windows NT x86" \
> "lp:\

Just a crazy idea: try to name the thing to something
other than "lp"....

> lexpsnt3.dll:\
> OPC720.PPD:\
> LEXPSNTU.DLL:\
> LEXPSNT.HLP:\
> NULL:\
> LEXPSLNG.DLL,LEXDRVX.DLL,LEXFNTRC.DLL,LEXPSHOW.HLP,\
> LEXPSNT.CNT,PTGUIW32.DLL,PTRESW32.DLL,PTAPIW32.DLL,\
> LEXMV95.HLP,DRVNPANT.DLL,LEXDRVIN.EXE,LEXPSNT.ALL,\
> OPTRASBM.DLL,SC1275BM.DLL,K1220BM.DLL,OC1200BM.DLL,\
> OC40BM.DLL,OC45BM.DLL,E855BM.DLL,W810BM.DLL,\
> W820BM.DLL,M410BM.DLL,T61XBM.DLL,T62XBM.DLL,\
> C710BM.DLL,C720BM.DLL,C750BM.DLL,C910BM.DLL,\
> E32XBM.DLL,LMPCLTHK.DLL,LEXCFI.DLL,LEXEDF.DLL,\
> LEXPPDS.ZIP,PTZIPW32.DLL,LEXUNST.ZIP"\
> ' p90

Gosh! That is a long list (34) of "Dependentfiles"! Did
they integrate a sound driver to tell you that the job is
ready?!

> Cheers
> Dragan

Cheers,