[Samba] Windows client/ samba server name resolving issue

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Fri May 9 13:01:42 GMT 2003

Hallo
ping on windows machine have nothing with linux or samba...
only windows tcpip config panel sets parameters for this
if yuo set dns then windows gets ping ip addres from dns or from windows
host file on windows disk system directory.
Posible reason is on startup windows folder create script to copy hosts file
from central storage and ip translation is first resolved from this file
c:\windows\hosts and if not from dns.

Bye.