[Samba] Performance Issues With Samba and RedHat 8.

Ross McInnes (Systems) sysrm at stvincent.ac.uk
Thu May 8 13:09:39 GMT 2003

As an aditional note/something ive just noticed, during these "slow downs"
(one of which is happening as i type) we quite often get a "user"(random
not something they are doing thats naughty) who sits on a high cpu smbd
thread.

like so :

19566 nm102     15   0  4116 3860  2592 S    15.1  0.1   0:02 smbd

the 15.1 % is the cpu usage, and its been sitting there now for about 10
mins.

any ideas why or what it could be doing?

also at the same time the samba log and an increased amount of OPLOCK
errors/requests. related?

Thanks

Ross