Réf. : [Samba] smbadduser error

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Tue May 6 14:15:52 GMT 2003

Hi

The user lrodrigh exist in the /etc/passwd ?
If the user exist in the domain, the user must be exist in unix password
DB.

I think that is the source of your problem.

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

Hi List,

I have a problem authenticanting some of the users into a Windows 2000 PDC
with Samba 2.2.5.
The thing is that I can add some of the users in the PDC as Samba users but
with some of them I can't, I run the following command and I get this:

# smbadduser lrodrigu:lrodrigu
ERROR: lrodrigu Not in passwd database SKIPPING...
#

But the user 'lrodrigu' is in the passwd database (/etc/passwd) so I don't
get it.
However, some of the users aren't in that file and I can add them as Samba
users...
It's weird, isn't it?

Well, Here you are the users in the DOMAIN:

# wbinfo -u
Administrator
db2admin
Guest
guigonza
IUSR_HAL
IWAM_HAL
krbtgt
leosamba
lrodrigu
NetShowServices
nuevo
pruebasamba
samba
smbusr
sysadm
TsInternetUser
usrsamba
#

If anybody knows how to fix this problem or has any clue about it, please
let it me know...

Thanks in advance

Leonardo