[Samba] Re: Oplock problem

Jon Foster jon at jfpossibilities.com
Tue May 6 16:12:35 GMT 2003

Boogerman-

I have yet to see a version of windows that can handle the "oplock" properly. It doesn't seem to even work right going from a windows work station to a windows server (one of the reasons I went from an NT server to Linux/Samba). I have always just turned off "oplocks" with "oplocks=no" in the "[global]" section of the "smb.conf". I'll be watching this thread to see if someone else has a better answer :-).

-Jon

On Tue, 6 May 2003 12:33:08 -0300
"Boogerman" <boogerman at interar.com.ar> wrote:

> So, there appears to be a bug in the client (not responding to the oplock
> break request). I must mention that the client is a Windows XP SP1.

-----
Jon Foster
JF Possibilites
jon at jfpossibilities.com
Making computers work for you, instead of you working for your computers!