[Samba] many smbd processes by root

Éliás Tamás eliast at veszprog.hu
Mon May 5 12:00:37 GMT 2003

Hy.
> Since the last upgrade to samba-2.2.7a from RedHat, the only
> strange behaviour has been that there are many smbd processes
> owned by root.
I had almost the same problem, and it was caused because I recompiled samba. I
had an installed and running version of samba, set up with debian's apt-get. I
dled samba and recompile it, and forget to get it out from inet.d.conf. Also I
had to uninstall the original, after that, I made a make clean on samba,
revised the /etc/services, /etc/inetd.conf, and also used the following
options when compiled:
"--sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin "