[Samba] Problem in Samba

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Fri May 2 15:32:25 GMT 2003

Samba-technical is not the place for this type of question. It also
helps if you include a little more info such as what version of
Samba and at least the global section from your smb.conf. With no
real info from you my guess would be that this particular PC does
not have the plaintext password registry hack and you are not running
samba with encrypted passwords.

isds at vsnl.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a unique problem in Samba and would be very grateful if any one can help me out.
>
> I have installed Samba at my Unix server( Running HP-UX 10.20). Through one of the PC's in the network I am able to access the shares on the server, but through all other PC's when I try to log into the unix server it gives a error message -- "Account not authorised to login from this station"
>
> Since I am able to access from one PC I see no reason why it should not work from other PC's. Kindly help me out.
>
> Regards
>
> --

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D