[Samba] smbclient segfaults

Tom Murphy 8opxsqx001 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:20:07 GMT 2003

I've been having a problem whilst using SAMBA with AMANDA.
Now normally this would have been an AMANDA problem, but I've been able
to replicate it by running smbclient and trying to 'get' a huge file.

What happens is after a while, it will give me the message:

Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds opening
remote file \cvsbup

smb: \>   Segmentation Fault

I found out if I set "blocksize" to 32767 for example (instead of the
default which seems to be "20") the file transfers fine.

The problem is in AMANDA, when it uses smbclient similar messages come
out for everything it tries to do via smbclient.

Is there a place I can set the default blocksize in smbclient?
Preferably in smb.conf? Otherwise, I'd have to hack source code in an
attempt to find the hardcoded value and change it.

Thanks very much,

Tom