[Samba] Samba not accepting new connections after a few hours

Zinthefer Mark-G18622 zinthefe at motorola.com
Fri Mar 28 22:06:11 GMT 2003

Hi,

I just installed Samba 2.2.8 on a Solaris 2.7 server.  Soon after I had
people start using the shares on the server, I'd get calls telling me that
the shares were inaccessible.  I went on the server, did a ps -ef | grep
samba| wc and got about 25 lines.  I restarted Samba and the problem cleared
up.  This started happening every couple hours so I started changing some
parameters.  I started decreasing the deadtime until it got down to 5.  This
made the problem get less frequent but I still have to restart Samba a
couple times a day. I also added SO_KEEPALIVE to the socket options but that
didn't have an noticeable effect.

Is there some other parameter to add or modify that will permit more than a
couple dozen connections?  I check the manuals but I wasn't able to find
anything.

Thanks in advance!