[Samba] connection to a w2k pdc

Scott Wisely scott at itcommunications.org
Fri Mar 28 04:04:39 GMT 2003

my *nix client has successfully connected to the w2k domain, but I find that
the clients need to login with the computer name & then the username.

ie
username: computername\username

I also noticed it says in documentation that usernames on the *nix machine
should appear in the domain\username form. Mine arn't doing that, they just
appear as the username.

The main reason I want to fix this up is to save having to do a second
login, and so I can have the roaming profiles store on the *nix machine

any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. I will paste my smb.conf if need be.

thanks in advance