[Samba] Point and Print problem 2.2.7A and 2.2.8

Arcady Chernyak Arcady.Chernyak at efi.com
Fri Mar 28 01:28:48 GMT 2003

I have detected significant performance slow down when I use PnP driver with versions 2.2.7A and 2.2.8.
It happened with all kinds of Windows OS (exclude 9x) when user has administrative rights to Samba based printers.
In Windows system event viewer I see that  spooler retrieves printer driver files from Samba server to Window machine a lot of times.
It happened each time when I try to update driver properties, change paper size or print ..
Sometimes Windows's spooler retrieves driver files hundreds times and it take all CPU's and network resources.

It newer happened before with SAMBA 2.2.2 we used.

Thanks
	Arcady