[Samba] Connection of Linux/Unix clients to Samba PDC

Robert Adkins II radkins at impelind.com
Wed Mar 26 16:51:09 GMT 2003

Brian,

	A Samba PDC acts like a Windows NT 4.0 Domain Controller. The
issue you are experiencing is likely related to the configurations you
had to do in order to get the Linux systems to connect to the Win2K
Domain Controller.

	That is where I would start looking. Unfortunately, I haven't
had a chance to focus on adding Linux workstations to our network. Just
one machine that I use for some testing of software we would potentially
use in out network someday. With that system, I was using
LinNeighborhood and never ran into any issues with connecting to the
Linux PDC. (It is a fairly manual method of mounting shares though.)

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer
Impel Industries, Inc.