[Samba] Login denied after joinined Samba PDC

Eric Halverson ehalverson at dchs.us
Mon Mar 24 18:44:03 GMT 2003

> Do you mean you have re-installed the Win2K on the PCs? If so, then you
> need to re-join the domain as the workstation trust account password will
> be different.

i have reinstalled w2k on one workstation, and had another one that had
been joined and dis-joined from the domain.  I attempted to re-join both
of these PCs with no problem, save for the inability to log into the
domain.

If it is an issue of the trust account password, how can I go about
resetting that?

> Also, did you disable the RequiresSignOrSeal parameters in the registry?
> There is a registry auto-patch for this in the ~samba/docs/Registry
> directory.

I didn't think this was necessary on W2K but I will do that just the same.