[Samba] Login denied after joinined Samba PDC

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Mar 24 18:31:52 GMT 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Eric Halverson wrote:

> Yes, I had this completely working with no problems like this for
> several months.  I had since been reformatting the PCs and haven't had
> any machines joined to the domain for a while.

Do you mean you have re-installed the Win2K on the PCs? If so, then you
need to re-join the domain as the workstation trust account password will
be different.

Also, did you disable the RequiresSignOrSeal parameters in the registry?
There is a registry auto-patch for this in the ~samba/docs/Registry
directory.

> I can join the workstation to the domain with my root samba account and
> i can in fact see that the machinename$ is added to /etc/passwd as well
> as /etc/samba/smbpasswd but no matter what I cannot log into the domain
> after joining it.

See comment regarding SignOrSeal above.

- John T.
--