[Samba] NEWBIE : Problem saving M$ word documents on samba file server

Ian Clancy ClancyIan at cel.ie
Mon Mar 24 17:28:29 GMT 2003

Hi,
The users of my company's NT4 domain have their home drives located on a RH8
machine running Samba 2.2.7.
Anytime a user saves a Microsoft Office document from a windows 2000 client
to their home drive they lose write and execute permissions. Thus users can
no longer edit their files (a serious problem!). I want users to have RWX
permissions on their own files but it appears that office is changing the
permissions of the files.
This problem does not occur on windows 95/98 clients, or for users of Open
Office.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ian Clancy

not necessarily those of Connaught Electronics Ltd. Information in this