[Samba] Automated printer driver problems

A.J.Dawson A.J.Dawson at Bradford.ac.uk
Fri Mar 21 15:09:25 GMT 2003

Peter,

Many thanks for the suggestions - I took one of the printer admin command
out of smb.conf - didnt make the blindest bit of different unfortunately.

I also tried running

badger:/usr/local/samba/lib # rpcclient server -U root%secret -c
"setdriver Laserjet_6MP \"HP LaserJet 6P/6MP - PostScript\""

in an attempt to get the driver associated with the printer and got this
in return:

session setup ok
Domain=[SERVER] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.8]
result was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Can anyone tell me what this means?
Can anyone tell me how to overcome the problem?

I also tried upping the log level a bit to see if I got anything useful
from the logfiles.  Unfortunately they seemed (to me at least) to contain
nothing of any real help whatsoever!

Regards
Andy