[Samba] Automated printer driver problems

Peter Carpenter peterc at osm.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 12:07:22 GMT 2003

Andy,

Hmm. Looks ok to me but I'm just a user not a guru. Here's a couple of
things to try:
  - log level = 1       (for a bit of connection info in the log)
  - you have TWO printer admin commands (dunno if this hurts)

My own print setup looks like this:
printing = BSD
printer admin = cpadmin      <=== i.e. explicit unix account
show add printer wizard = yes
username map = <file mapping 'administrator' to 'cpadmin'>

[printers]
path = <path to spool dir>
guest ok = yes
guest account = guest
browseable = yes
printable = yes

[print$]
path = <path to driver dir>
guest ok = yes
guest account = guest
browseable = yes
read only = yes
write list = cpadmin

Hope something here gives you a bright idea. It _will_ work - eventually...

PCC