[Samba] problem with "make" command while upgrading to samba 2.2.8

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri Mar 21 00:29:35 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 Parker.Christine at epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> Hi.  After I run the ./configure command and run the make command, I get
> this message several times and the make fails.
> PGC-S-0056-Attempt to call non-function (/usr/include/asm/atomic.h: 94)
> Can anyone tell me what's going wrong here?
>
> Thanks.  I'm running Linux 7.2 on a Dell Precision 530 workstation.

Christine,

If this is Red Hat 7.2, then your best move would be to build RPMS for the
platform. All the options that work for RH7.2 should automatically be
enabled if you build as follows:

	1. Untar the samba-2.2.8.tar.gz file
	2. cd samba-2.2.8/packaging/RedHat
	3. sh makerpms.sh

Assuming it finishes correctly your binary RPMS will be in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

If this has any problems please get back to me.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org