[Samba] Old bug resurfacing?

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Thu Mar 20 20:10:47 GMT 2003

Yikes, I was never even aware of this issue.  Unfortunately, it looks like
you need more than just a glibc recompile.  This article may be of value
to you if you attempt this course:

http://radu.rendec.ines.ro/howto/32groups.html

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Mark Bainter wrote:

Mark Bainter [mark at webtech.dresser.com] wrote:
> I found this in the archives:
> http://samba.cadcamlab.org/lists/samba/Feb2002/00318.html

Never mind.  I do believe I found it, and it's not a
samba issue at all.  The users I was testing it with
were all in more than 32 groups, and the group perms
required to write to the file were post-32 in the list.

Creating a new user with just the one group works fine,
so I guess I'm looking at a glibc rebuild to increase my
NGROUPS_MAX setting.

Thanks anyway