[Samba] minimal requirements

Christian Daré christian.dare at univ-brest.fr
Thu Mar 20 12:35:53 GMT 2003

Is there a way to find out what Minimal Requirements does a version of samba need ?
I was compiling samba 2.2.8 with acl support under debian woody and i had errors due to bad version of libacl (2.0.8-1instead of 2.0.12 )

When we want to compile a linux kernel , we find in /usr/src/linux-2.4.20/Documentation/Changes some lines like :

Current Minimal Requirements
o  Gnu C                  2.95.3                  # gcc --version
o  Gnu make               3.77                    # make --version

is there any file like this with samba ?

bye,