[Samba] Turning off the Printer Share

Rob Mckenzie robert_mckenzie at adc.com
Thu Mar 20 10:17:50 GMT 2003

Hi
There is probably a very simple answer to this.  I have recently compiled
samba 2.2.8 for HP11, 10.20 and Solaris 8 and all seems to be fine apart
from I have an unwanted printer share that I can't seem to get rid of.  I
have tried several options in the smb.conf file but to no avail such as
load printers = no
show add printer wizard = no
I have tried creating a printers share then setting its browseable option to
no
Is there any way of switching this share off either through a smb.conf
option or recompiling using a different option

Any help greatly appreciated

Rob