[Samba] even worse after another upgrade to 2.2.8!

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Tue Mar 18 19:53:49 GMT 2003

If your log files is anything to go by it looks like you already have a
Samba process running - it cannot bind to the port as something has already
nabbed it.  Did you kill off all the old smbd processes?

Assume when you upgraded to XP you made the 'requiresignorseal' changes to
the registry?  And make sure that XP firewalling is not enabled on your LAN
interface - XP requires a response from the server when printing which the
firewall blocks and XP locks up for 5mins.

HTH

Noel