Vedr.: Re: [Samba] Win2000 client and Samba 2.2 PDC?

JaS at codan.com JaS at codan.com
Thu Mar 13 14:08:19 GMT 2003

The 2K machine account is created automaticly, when joining the domain from
Win2000.
The problem has something to do with Win2000 not seeing the Samba Server as
PDC, or not reaching the PDC at all.
I have set the Win2000 client to use netbios compability.

Regards
Jacob

                    Tiago Cruz
                    <tiagocruz18 at u        Til:    JaS at codan.com
                    ol.com.br>            cc:     samba at lists.samba.org
                                          Vedr.:  Re: [Samba] Win2000 client and Samba 2.2 PDC?
                    13-03-03 15:13

Hum...

The 2K machines it has that to exist in the server:

# useradd -d /dev/null -c MAQ_709 -m -s /bin/false MAQ_709$
# smbpassword -m -a MAQ_709

Maybe this can help you: http://www.linuxrapido.kit.net/dicas_samba.htm

Regards
Tiago Cruz