[Samba] smbmount - again

bkrusic at yahoo.com bkrusic at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 17:10:38 GMT 2003

Hi,

Why is it that when asking "whats create mode 777"
gets an answer which with a simple google search or
reading Unix basics coulda been answered anyways.

But my smbmount Q which is not answered?

So once again,

Is there a way to use smbmount so as to inherit the
perms set forth by the remote file server?

I'd rather not use the options of;

- guest
- credentials file

as the file system that I'd like to mount has many
diff uids/gids set.

SMB is a better choice than NFS for many reasons,
especially for the fact that its user based and not
kernal based so if you're gonna say use NFS, please
don't :).

Bri-