[Samba] Unable to start SWAT in RH8.0 / Samba 3.0

Tomás Armán tarman at tsfundiciones.com
Mon Mar 10 13:40:56 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm migrating my NT4 domains to Samba and I started from scratch installing RedHat8 and the Samba rpm that comes with it, then update to Samba 3.0 which I've recompiled myself.

I'm never been able to connect to SWAT, I always get the "Bad Password" message, I've tried out with and without MD5 and Shadow, and have recompiled with options --with-pam, then  --with-pam --with-pam_smbpass, tried adding root password with smbpasswd. Nothing has worked, nor linux root password nor smb password.
I'm out of ideas now, please can somebody help me?

Many thanks in advance for your support

Best regards.

Tomás Armán
T.S. Fundiciones S.A.