[Samba] Sharing a NEC Silentwriter Superscript 610 with Samba

Alfonso A. webmaster at open-code.net
Sun Mar 9 16:41:47 GMT 2003

Hi there,

I have 2 machines in my domestic LAN. Here there are their setting

BLUEDEMON. Windows ME installed. The printer is conected to this machine,
because it's only compatible with Win 3.x, Win 9x. I use it such a Print
Server. It's IP is 192.168.1.2.

GREENDEMON. The machine I use. I got installed Windows XP Professional and
Suse Linux 8.0. There's no problem in using the printer with Windows XP,
'cause the printer is HP Laserjet IIP compatible. But there's no way to
print from Suse (well, there's no way so far as I know).

The network name is REDLOCAL

I've installed the samba server and the smbclient, so I shared files
between BLUEDEMON and GREENDEMON without problems. But I would like to send
jobs to print to BLUEDEMON and I don't know how to do it.

So it would be a pleasure if someone could help me.

Thanks a lot,

Alfonso A.

P.S. Sorry if my English isn't quite good but I'm spanish :)