[Samba] None

Amarnath B S amarbs at cisco.com
Fri Mar 7 08:49:59 GMT 2003

Hi,
    I have been trying to configure my linux RH7.1 system to ping the
windows desktops. I have setup winbind correctly (to my knowledge) but still
not able to ping windows desktops.
SOme info :
samba version 2.2.7a
did a make with 'make nsswitch/libnss_wins.so'
have copied the lib to proper place and made the links.
updated the /etc/nsswitch.conf for hosts line as:
'hosts: files wins dns'

'wbinfo -N <windows desktop name>' properly shows the IP address resolved
from winbindd.

Am I missing something here. Please let me know your experiences here if
any. Please let me know if anymore info is required for debugging.

thanks in advance,
Amarnath.