[Samba] GUI interface for user administration

Alceu R. de Freitas Jr. glasswalk3r at yahoo.com.br
Thu Mar 6 20:01:22 GMT 2003

Hello everybody,

I really don´t know if this is the right place to ask
for such help: if not, please accept my apologies.

I developing a web interface for user administration
in Samba. The program uses a Perl CGI to do tasks as
add, remove, enable, disable and change passwords for
users in smbpasswd file.

I´ve tested the software without errors, but I really
need some volunters to test it and tell me about bugs
or new possible features. My intentions are to give
more features for users administration than SWAT
offers nowadays (in user administration, of course).

The project name is FAUS, and is registered at
SourceForce (http://faus.sourceforge.net/) and have
both tar.gz and RPM packages for download (the RPM is
for RedHat 7.3 distribuition: should work without
warnings in earlier versions too).

So, that´s it. In newer version (1.1), FAUS is capable
to add machine trust accounts and can show a list of
users, including status (disable or enable).

Any comments or problems, please send me email in
private, not for the list!

Thanks to all,

=====
Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior